Sales Executive - German Speaking
Kick-start your sales career with a young, dynamic tech company!
Why this Role?
SiteMinder leads the hotel distribution technology space, constantly challenging the status quo to provide innovative cloud-based products that allow hotels to connect with their customers. Our exceptional product suite and client support ensure that we're the partner of choice for over 26,000 hoteliers in 160 countries. Recognised in BRW's Fast 100 for the past two years, and starring in Deloitte Technology's Fast 50 list for 5 consecutive years, we're an energetic, fast-moving company that has managed to retain our start-up heart and sense of humour whilst taking over our industry! We continue to grow exponentially; currently employing just under 600 amazing people across offices in Sydney, London, Cape Town, Bangkok and Dallas, and just recently also Galway in Ireland which sits with us and operates in the EMEA markets.
Our London office is brand new, based in Hammersmith on the riverside. We have a lovely big open Social Space which tends to be the focal point here and we tend to use this area a lot for catchups, informal meetings, breaks, workshops, presentations etc. However, as it's complete with a Pool and Foosball table, a Wii, huge projector and a view of the Thames it also serves a great spot for our weekly Friday drinks!
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager, plan and prioritise business development activities to achieve business aims and sales targets.
• Utilise and develop innovative strategies to maximise results and win over challenging targets.
• Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner.
• Source opportunities and canvass potential clients via cold calling.
• Preparation of accurate quotes, development and presentation of proposals to clients in a professional and confident manner.
• Maintain accurate records of your business development activities on SiteMinder's CRM system (Salesforce) .
• Achieve sales KPI's and targets.
• Sales to be finalised in a timely manner, with a focus being placed on being proactive.
• Maintain regular contact with prospective clients and new accounts.
• Continue to identify upgrade opportunities with the existing client base and generate new sales from these organisations.
• Ensure all documentation is complete post sales to set up trials, and to move the client to a subscription.
• Account management of new clients to maintain customer satisfaction until they are passed on to a dedicated Account Manager and/or the Training and Implementation Team.
• Provide client feedback on products to the Product Development team so that products can be reviewed in line with the feedback.
• Attend meetings, regional conferences and organise regional road shows as required.
• Adopt the relevant processes, procedures and policies of SiteMinder to ensure a consistently high level of service.
What you'll bring...
• To be successful in this role you will have a background within a high volume (sales/targets/activity) environment.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in German
• To be successful in this role, you should ideally have 1-3 years of inside sales experience.
• Some previous knowledge or experience in the following is also highly beneficial: SaaS sales, hospitality or travel/tourism, channel management, distribution software, booking engines, online travel agencies (OTAs).
• An enthusiasm for new technology or a strong technical aptitude.
• Self-motivated with a real passion for sales.
• You will have great communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Resiliency. If the word "NO" just makes you more adamant to succeed at something, then we would definitely like to speak with you!
Your opportunities for growth at SiteMinder are limitless, with the support of approachable leadership and a welcoming sales team who know and love what they do; you can expect an open, collaborative and sociable working atmosphere. If you think you have the skills and passion we will give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!