Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximise profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them.
We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalise, package, analyse and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
The Remote Support Specialit (RSS) is an office/phone based role responsible for directing the most cost effective and efficient route to fix a specific issue. The RSS will ensure issues are resolved as effectively as possible and will balance time; materials, customer satisfaction and ensuring the customer’s SLA’s and expectations are fulfilled.
The jobholder has the responsibility for assigning the appropriate technical support level to resolve a customer issue. Internal relationships include CSO teams, CSC, GCC service desks. External relationships include customers and fulfilment partners
• Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes through job-related training.
• Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems, and proposes improvements to processes.
• Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
• Typically acts as a lead or expert with considerable on-the-job experience.
• Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes through job-related training
• Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems, and proposes improvements to processes
• Analyzes complex technical problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist
• Works autonomously within established procedures and practices
• May provide immediate direction to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals and maintaining schedules
• A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks relation to the unit or sub-unit
• Will have specialized external certification (technical roles)
• Troubleshoots via the phone hardware, software, and network operating problems and involves technical resources to ensure resolution
• Applies understanding and knowledge of information systems products and services to assist users
• Analyzing call logs to identify common trends and underlying problems
• Identify, investigate and research user questions and problems as well as isolating and resolving information systems problems
• Coordinates referrals to appropriate technical, professional, or service personnel
• Receives and prioritizes issues and forwards using appropriate escalation procedures
• In addition, the role holder may be asked to perform on or more of the following:
• Provides functional or task leadership
• Coordinates special projects and system upgrades
• Briefs customers and/or management on the status of resolution efforts
• Serves as a technical advisor to users with complex systems issues by resolving or conferring with technical personnel
• Recommends system or process improvements, including procedures, training, and enhanced documentation
• All other duties as assigned
Candidate Education & Background:
• High School Diploma / (GED) / Secondary School GCSE or equivalent.
• Associate Degree / College Diploma /Cegep / A Levels (preferred).
• German Native language fluency level (mandatory).
• Experience in technical support background.
• Considerable successful experience working in a technical call center.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers at all levels.
• Demonstrated excellent customer care, satisfaction and interpersonal skills
• Customer focused mentality.
• Demonstrated Multitasking capability: Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize.
• Superior Customer Service/Relation skills including second level question probing ability.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated superior technical aptitude (preferred).
• Considerable successful experience working in a technical call center (preferred).
• Advanced knowledge of all site products and client IT environment (preferred).