We are looking for an Officer/Personal Assistant to our Advertising and Marketing Director who will also act as the point of entry for the Advertising and Marketing department. This is a varied role which can serve as an ideal entry into a dynamic, creative and lively area of the business.
You'll be working very closely with and for the Advertising and Marketing Director but will also have a high degree of independence in managing the assigned tasks.
What will you do?
• Fully manage the Advertising & Marketing Director’s diary and inbox
• Coordinate and process all travel arrangements, expenses and venue bookings
• Support on a day to day basis across all administrative duties
• Respond to meeting requests from within the business but also from our agencies and other business partners
• Facilitate and coordinate induction courses within the department for national and international visitors, new employees and interns
• Organize regular sign off and update sessions with the department’s staff members
• Screening phone calls and letters from external companies and organizations (e.g. partnership or sponsorship requests)
• Support the department in office facilities related tasks (e.g. infrastructure, consumables, stationery, Petty Cash)
• Act as the first point of contact for the department when it comes to queries from our Customer Services department
• Organize internal as well as external workshops (Comms Days) and training sessions for the department’s staff
• Communicate and coordinate with all areas of the business as necessary (e.g. Advertising & Marketing Director’s direct reports, Business Directors, PAs at Board level and in other business divisions and Agencies)
• Translate German to English and English to German, for channel information and presentations for our Head Office in Germany and the Advertising & Marketing Director
• Monitoring the department’s pending invoices and making sure they are regularly checked and signed off
• Assist with ad-hoc administrative, basic marketing related tasks or HR queries (e.g. maintaining the department’s organigram on the intranet but also in our internal system)
• Facilitate minor office and other ad-hoc projects
What will you need?
• Fluent in German and English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous diary and inbox management experience
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workloads with a methodical and structured approach to working
• Approachable and collaborative with a can do attitude
• Previous experience working to deadlines
• Confident dealing with all levels across the business including Board of Directors and CEO
• Ability to use own initiative and work independently
• Ability to maintain a level of confidentiality and deal with sensitive information
• Experience in the retail or grocery industry is an advantage
• Confident using Microsoft Office
• Lotus Notes experience is an advantage
What do we offer?
• Salary starting from £26,000 with the potential to earn up to £36,000 (dependent on experience)
• An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London weighting benefit
• 30 days holiday per annum pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form.