A prestigious legal practice is looking for a German speaking Legal Secretary to join their team of dedicated multilingual legal secretaries in a role in which you will provide comprehensive and seamless legal administrative support to the firm's German department whilst also supporting other notarial teams departments in a float capacity and becoming one of the go-to legal secretaries for their clients who vary from HNWIs to global organisations through to walk-in clients.
This is a very involved legal secretary role where you will be working very closely with a small group of lawyers in an extremely busy legal practice which offers a wonderful work/life balance and a friendly working environment; therefore you will need to extremely resilient, able to cope with busy workloads whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Core responsibilities will include producing , editing and proofing legal documentation in both English and German (typing up legal documentation, involvement with the dossiers and cases), managing a busy diaries, booking appointments, client liaison, screening incoming calls and emails, relaying messages in a timely manner and providing translation support in German and English. Suitable candidates must possess first-class written and verbal communication skills in German and English, knowledge of German and English legal terminology, a keen eye for details as well as a proven administrative / secretarial background from within a legal/notarial environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills is both German AND English
* A proven Legal Secretary / Bilingual Secretary / Team Secretary / Team Assistant/ Legal PA background with UK based work experience from within a similar corporate / legal / Notarial environment
* Good knowledge of German and English legal terminology
* Methodical approach to work with excellent organisational and time management skills
* Resilient , highly organised with the ability to manage your own workload whilst juggling multiple tasks simultaneously within a short time frames and remaining calm under pressure
* Impeccable interpersonal skills, adaptable, approachable, committed, flexible, discreet, with great attention to detail
* Confident of communicating at all levels colleagues /managers/ corporate clients / HNWIs
* Excellent numerical and IT skills with a typing speed around 60wpm
* Able to work both independently and as part of a team
* please do not apply if you do not possess a legal administration background and if you are not looking to continue working within a legal / notarial environment.
To apply, please send your CV in Word format to Hannah. If you have applied for any other languagematters vacancy there is no need to re-apply, as your CV will be considered for all vacancies that match your language skills and work experience.
languagematters is a multi-discipline, multilingual recruitment agency offering a wide range of bilingual jobs in London, the South-east, nationwide and overseas. Our goal is to be the most valued, knowledgeable and indispensable recruitment partner in the language recruitment field.
We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
NB: Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid work permit. Please note that we contact successful candidates within 3-4 working days. Language Matters is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.